The never simple journey of… Healing!
Healing usually occurs after a life altering negative experience like that of a divorce or loss of a loved one. Sometimes even after those events, healing does not take place. This is where stagnancy can occur in one’s life causing one to feel stuck in life. Yet, one simple decision to heal can eliminate that stuck feeling. Unfortunately, healing isn’t easy, but it is a vital part of life’s journey.
The point of the journey is not just healing. It’s also recovering the truest, most spontaneous, joyful, and creative core of ourselves. — Gloria Steinem
Healing requires discipline, focus and determination. The path to healing is no straight line, as there will be many twists and turns along the way. Some days it will seem easier to just give up and continue to be stagnant, but you have to persevere. Healing is just like the road less traveled.
Two roads diverged in a wood and I ~ I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. — Robert Frost
This difference makes the healing process worthwhile. I encourage anyone experiencing emotional pain to heal those internal wounds. In the end it is worth it because if you take the time to truly heal, then those around you and quite possibly the next person to walk into your life won’t be damaged by the unhealed version of yourself. Healing is beautiful. I promise you if you commit to healing, you will love the end result of who you truly are.
The path to healing should include the following steps.
- Allow yourself to feel all the emotions as they come to you. Going through the motions of this will allow you to recognize the negative emotions you need to let go of.
- Talk about the issues that have placed you on this journey of healing. This is a great time to lean on friends and family for support. Seek professional advice, as it can truly help you move forward.
- Focus on yourself, and while doing so be kind to yourself. This isn’t a time to beat yourself up about the past. It is a time of reflecting and releasing.
- Embrace the past; know that it happened for a reason and release the tension of holding on to it. It doesn’t serve a healthy purpose in your life.
- Accept that this is what it is and focus on how you can continue on.
- Mindfulness and meditation can be wonderful tools used to quiet your mind from all of the negative thoughts that can run rampant in your mind as you are trying to heal.
- Forgive, because only with true forgiveness of yourself can you move forward with your life and become the best version of yourself.
Wishing you all love, light and happy healing! ❤️🙏🏽